The Mayhem Continues

Although the tsunami just spiced up the games a little bit, it still wasn’t enough. As a Gamemaker I need to think of something cleaver that will really bring entertainment to the capitol watching back at home. I thought for a while about something that could really kill some tributes. Something that is original because all the games have been so far have been the normal, people killing people. There needed to be something different that families back at home have never seen before. That’s when the idea hit me almost as if I ran into a wall that had the answer to my question. To keep my job as a Gamemaker and receive a paycheck we needed to use Poison Dart Frogs. We can release them into the arena and laugh as the tributes run away from a frog that are the same size if not smaller than a paper clip. These frogs are very toxic and they have enough venom to kill ten grown people. With ten tributes left I could let out five frogs in hope that each frog finds two people and kill them. But, because I am evil and want to see intense games I’m going to let out one hundred frogs.

As I sit in my big comfy chair, in a room with other game makers I see a bright red button that is blinking every second. That button is calling my name and is ready to be clicked. I stand up out of my seat and with a great big smirk on my face. I push the button, releasing all one hundred of the Poison Dart Frogs. It took the frogs sometime to go into effect. It didn’t happen right away like the tsunami did. The frogs started going in effect about thirty minutes after they were on the loose. The first tribute that encountered the poison frog was in shock. At first she thought it was just a regular frog so she picked it up. The frog then jumped out of her hands and later she bit her finger nails and die in a few short minutes. I have a feeling that other people died because of the frogs but it wasn’t showed on the camera. Which made me very upset because my job is to entertain the audience and they won’t know what is happening unless the camera captures that moment. Since I only got to see one death because of the frogs I left them in the arena for later. Most of the time I would take them out and change it to something else. But, this year I am going to leave them to continue the killing and allow the capitol to see it on television. The frogs were a great hit, well not for the tributes but for me as a Gamemaker.

3 Comments on The Mayhem Continues

1. 4joem
    May 29, 2014 at 1:07 pm (10 years ago)

I liked how you now are showing the games from a game makers point of view. Some parts of the second paragraph seemed to be a bit choppy and could have used some commas. I did like how you described the button to be calling your name. With a few more improvements, your writing an be much better, good job.

Reply
  2. 4julia
    May 29, 2014 at 1:08 pm (10 years ago)

Wow! I thought you piece was amazing! you had few no errors! I liked the part where you said “That’s when the idea hit me almost as if I ran into a wall that had the answer to my question.” I really like the figurative language used! Overall it was an interesting and powerful piece!

Reply
  3. 4megan
    May 29, 2014 at 1:27 pm (10 years ago)

I really enjoyed your piece! The use of figurative language really helped this piece along. I liked how you included “That button is calling my name and is ready to be clicked. This was an overall great piece and I am looking forward to another one.

Reply